I really love Essential Oils and often use them in my home for sickness to cleaning and even for cooking. These are two of my favorites and most used.
Tea Tree Oil or Melaleuca– I grew up with this oil. We used it all the time. I remember how awful it smelled and tasted but now I love it. Whenever someone is sick I rub it on the bottoms of their feet. I also use it for acne and cold sores. I add it to my son´s shampoo to prevent head lice. Even when there was an outbreak in his class he was lice free!
This list is from this article
20 Great Ways to Use Tea Tree Oil
1. Use a dab to treat acne.
2. An anti-fungal for treating Athlete’s Foot, eczema, various yeast infections, etc.
3. An antiseptic to be used on cuts and burns.
4. An anti-viral: it may lessen the symptoms of colds and flu. Try using a few drops in the bath.
5. Add to a vaporizer to loosen chest congestion.
6. Add a small amount to shampoo to destroy head lice.
7. A small amount added to your bath can help with persistent body odor.
8. Treating sinus infection.
9. For dandruff and dry scalp.
10. In the form of aromatherapy, tea tree oil is used to treat colds, persistent coughs, acne, toothaches, and sunburn.
11. To create an all-purpose cleaner, combine 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil in 2 cups of water in a spray bottle.
12. Another version would be 14 ounces of water with 1 ounce of Murphy’s oil soap and 10 drops of tea tree oil.
13. Mix the above solution with kosher salt to scrub bathtub and bathroom tiles.
14. Add a few drops to dishwasher dispenser, then fill with a green dishwashing soap.
15. A few drops added to each load of laundry leave your clothes smelling cleaner.
16. Control mold with a tea tree oil/water spray.
17. Remove mustiness with that same tea tree oil/water spray.
18. To keep germs at bay, spray it on high chairs, car seats, and other high traffic spots.
19. 15 drops in a quart of water can be an effective insect repellent.
20. Be sure to take some with you when hiking and camping to put directly on insect bites or blisters.
Lavender– I use this oil every night on the kids. As part of our night-time routine I rub lavender oil and any other oil they might need on their feet and give them a massage while we talk about the day. My 7-year-old son really enjoys it and often reminds me if we are getting into bed without using the oils. I also use this on my husband when he is stressed or anxious.
Take a look at this article for more information